Hello and Welcome, here you will find the John Smith Legacy Resource Pack and mymodified JSC 'JimStoneCraft Edition' version.
Adverts, banners and pop-ups will never be on this site, you don't have to donate to download and you'll never have to pay anything to use them.
However their creation takes a lot of time which is not free, so please show your support and donate, you could also become a patron on Patreon (which also gives you access to the Patreon John Smith Legacy Java Minecraft Survival Server), so donate and thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated!
What to chat about the pack, post feedback or suggestions? - then join the official Discord - https://discord.gg/tyDrrRG
What's the difference between John Smith Legacy and John Smith Legacy JimStoneCraft Edition?
John Smith Legacy (JSL) is the more traditional rough style and is trying to keep the look and feel of the original author JohnSmith, JimStoneCraft Edition (JSC) uses the smooth cobblestone, smooth ores, smoother looking sandstone and lots of other personal tweaks to quite a few of the textures and is the pack I personally play the game with.
Minecraft Bedrock 1.18.30 - Caves & Cliffs Update Part II
You can only use the pack on these devices - Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows 10, Oculus Rift, Gear VR and Amazon devices.
Please note: Beta and Preview Minecraft versions are not supported.
22nd April 2022 - v0.15.6 - 18.4MB - Changelog
22nd April 2022 - v0.15.6 - 18.5MB - Changelog
Minecraft Java 1.18.2 - Caves & Cliffs Update Part II
15th April 2022 - 28.5MB - Changelog
15th April 2022 - 28.3MB - Changelog
Minecraft Java 1.19.0 - The Wild Update - Snapshot 22w17a
The update was announced on 16th October 2021 during the Minecraft Live 2021 event, this will be the next major update to Minecraft Java Edition set for release sometime in 2022.
Note these are snapshot packs, not all textures are complete yet and things may change before the final release.
29th April 2022 - 29.4MB - Changelog
29th April 2022 - 29.3MB - Changelog
John Smith Legacy 3D Models Addon by FilalPL
Want some fancy 3D models? - here's the official 3D Models Addon by FilalPL.
Note:- The John Smith Legacy 3D Models Addon is only for use with John Smith Legacy (JimStoneCraft Edition is not supported), as this is an addon, you need the standard pack (which is required for the 3D Model Pack to work correctly), make sure you get the correct version for the version of Minecraft you are playing.
Only for Java Edition, this does not work on Bedrock Edition.
Older Milestone Releases
Here's the place you will find older releases of the John Smith Legacy Resource and Textures Packs for older versions of Minecraft, these can be useful with older CTM maps that require an older releases of the John Smith Legacy pack to get the best out of the game.
Please note that these older packs are not supported but may still get updates and back ported textures and features from time to time.
Mods are not required to use these resource packs, however mods do add some nice features like Connected Textures (CTM), Better Skies, Random Mobs, Custom Colours, Shaders, Waypoints, Death location and lots more... note that Shaders require a powerful computer to run at a good frame rate!
Minecraft Java 1.17.1 - Caves & Cliffs Update Part I
Minecraft Java 1.16.5 - Nether Update
Minecraft Java 1.15.2 - Buzzy Bees
Minecraft Java 1.14.4 - Village and Pillage
Minecraft Java 1.13.2 - Update Aquatic
Minecraft Java 1.12.2 - World of Color Update
Minecraft Java 1.11.2 - Exploration Update
Minecraft Java 1.9.4 - Combat Update & 1.10.2 - Frostburn Update
Minecraft Java 1.8.9 - Bountiful Update
Minecraft Java 1.7.10 - The Update that Changed the World
Minecraft Java 1.6.4 - Horse Update
Minecraft Java 1.5.2 - Redstone Update
Minecraft Java 1.4.7 - Pretty Scary Update
Minecraft Java 1.3.2 - Trading Update
Minecraft Java 1.2.5 - Anvil and Height Limit Update
Minecraft Java 1.1.0 - Spawn Eggs Update
Minecraft Java 1.0.0 - Adventure Update
Resource Pack History
Here's a list of all the previous releases of the John Smith Legacy Resource Packs, only download them if you know you want an older release of the pack.
John Smith Alternatives
Here's the alternate textures made by JohnSmith (texture sheets and sliced individual textures).
Due to the work involved I cannot support these files, if you want to use them, you'll have to rename, move and replace the texture you want for yourself, don't forget that you may also have to change the blockstate or model files too as quite a lot has changed over the years.
John Smith Alternatives - 4.4MB
These are the older releases that were made by the original author JohnSmith (plus a few modified by JimStoneCraft).
Note:- These are not supported, are only for fun and if your curious about the history of the John Smith packs.
The first pack uploaded by JohnSmith to the Minecraft forums was:-
- JohnSmith 1.0 on Sat 28th August 2010 5.10pm for Minecraft alpha1.1.0
Here's a link to the first post by JohnSmith made when he posted the first ever release of the JohnSmith texture pack (link to the Wayback Machine).
The last pack released by JohnSmith was:-
- JohnSmith 9.7 on 25th October 2012 for Minecraft 1.4.2
In early 2013 JohnSmith edited the first post to include this message:-
- "IMPORTANT NOTE: I've paused the development of this pack, for an unsure amount of time. If you want to get an updated version corresponding to the latest version of Minecraft, you can find a communauty [sic] updated version of this pack here: John Smith Legacy"
Minecraft 1.4.7 had just come out and small group of forum members formed ' John Smith Legacy' and the team to continue the pack... the rest is history.
Just for a bit of fun I've made a JohnSmith history animation for terrain and items textures to show how much the pack changed in the early days.
JohnSmith Archives - RAR - 30.1MB
This RAR archive contains all the releases by the original author JohnSmith.
- JohnSmith 1.0 - Minecraft a1.1.0 - Sat 28th August 2010 5.10pm
- JohnSmith 2.0 - Minecraft a1.1.0 - 15th September 2010
- JohnSmith 2.1 - Minecraft a1.1.0 - 17th September 2010
- JohnSmith 3.0 - Minecraft a1.1.2 - 4th October 2010
- JohnSmith 4.0 - Minecraft a1.2.0 - 1st November 2010
- JohnSmith 4.1 - Minecraft b1.0 - 11th November 2010
- JohnSmith 5.0 - Minecraft b1.1 - 20th December 2010
- JohnSmith 6.0 - Minecraft b1.2 - 18th January 2011
- JohnSmith 7.0 - Minecraft b1.3 - 1st March 2011
- JohnSmith 7.1 - Minecraft b1.4 - 3rd April 2011
- JohnSmith 7.2 - Minecraft b1.5 - 22nd April 2011
- JohnSmith 7.3 - Minecraft b1.6 - 29th May 2011
- JohnSmith 7.3a - Minecraft b1.6 - 7th June 2011
- JohnSmith 7.4 - Minecraft b1.7.3 - 7th August 2011
- JohnSmith 8.0 - Minecraft b1.8 - 11th September 2011
- JohnSmith 8.1 - Minecraft b1.8 - 19th September 2011
- JohnSmith 8.2 - Minecraft b1.9pre3 - 13th October 2011
- JohnSmith 8.3 - Minecraft b1.8.x (no bright green bug) - 15th October 2011
- JohnSmith 8.3 - Minecraft b1.9pre4 - 15th October 2011
- JohnSmith 8.4 - Minecraft 1.0.0 - 25th November 2011
- JohnSmith 9.0 - Minecraft 1.1 & 12w03a - 23rd January 2012
- JohnSmith 9.0a - Minecraft 1.1 & 12w04a - 28th January 2012
- JohnSmith 9.2 - Minecraft 1.2 - 1st March 2012
- JohnSmith 9.3 - Minecraft 1.2.4 - 24th March 2012
- JohnSmith 9.4 - Minecraft 1.2.5 - 22nd June 2012
- JohnSmith 9.5 - Minecraft 1.2.5 - 1st October 2012
- JohnSmith 9.5a - Minecraft 1.3.1 - 10th October 2012
- JohnSmith 9.6 - Minecraft 1.3 - 16th September 2012
- JohnSmith 9.7 - Minecraft 1.4.2 - 25th October 2012
JimStoneCraft based JohnSmith
Here's the versions made by JimStoneCraft based on the JohnSmith originals before John Smith Legacy took over.
JohnSmith v9.5a 1.3.2 JSC - 8.1MB - Minecraft 1.3.2
JohnSmith v9.6 1.4.2 JSC - 8.4MB - Minecraft 1.4.2
JohnSmith v9.7 1.4.2 JSC - 8.3MB - Minecraft 1.4.2
If you're thinking of using some of these textures in your own pack then consider donating or joining my Patreon, this helps keeps the site ad free.
Things you can do
- Edit, use and share these textures in your own vanilla or modded resource pack as long credit is clearly given to JimStoneCraft and JohnSmith (you can only use up to 10% of these textures for your own pack).
- You're encouraged to use this pack in any screenshots or videos you like and are free to monetize your videos as long as you put a link to this page in the video description.
- You're free to modify this resource pack for your own personal use and you're allowed to give your own modified pack to close friends (for a private server) but you may not redistribute your modified pack on a public forum, server or website.
- Make this pack your official private server resource pack, your members must obtain the resource packs from this page or you can host the pack yourself on a public or private server for Multiplayer gaming but only in the unmodified zip form.
- Adventure map makers can freely modify the resource pack to match their map style and can provide a modified copy to go along with their map as long as you put a link back to this site with your map.
- Use it on a public server that is free to play as long as you clearly mark that's it's John Smith Legacy Resource Pack and a link back to this site.
- Use it on a commercial server (free to play with paid extras or a pay to play server), if you're making money from using this resource pack, I would strongly encourage you to join my Patreon to support the John Smith Legacy project.
Things you can't do
- You're not allowed to use these textures in a customizer or in any other games other than Minecraft.
- You may never post a link to these packs behind adf.ly or any other for-profit service, a lot of work is put into these packs and I wouldn't want others to make money from all our hard work.
- You will never post these packs on any other website, this site is the only authorized download location.
These rules are subject to change at any time.
Authorized Download Locations
You will only find the latest releases of the John Smith Legacy Resource Pack on this page, if you've downloaded it from somewhere else then it's probably out of date, may have bugs that have already been fixed or may have been modified.
If you want someone to download this pack, please point them to this page.
[T O P]