Long ago on a cold night while searching YouTube I started watching JimPlaysGames and pacbilly play a game called Minecraft, after a few weeks I found out about dark room mob spawners to get all the good stuff, the first videos I watched were Monkeyfarm's YouTube tutorials, I then watched way too many Lets Plays and got hooked on the distinct look of the John Smith texture pack.
After about a year or so, JohnSmith (original author) decided to no longer update the pack, the pack was too good to just let it die so the community took over and John Smith Legacy was born, I joined the project right in the beginning but slowly as all the others went onto the sickly sweet modded game and the millions of textures needed for that, I decided to specialise in the Vanilla game, took over the hosting and control of that release.
Lots of people have helped with this project, submitting new textures, bug reports, questions and general encouragement, thank you everyone and may I hope this pack continues.
- JohnSmith for creating the original texture pack.
- Cuackes "connected textures" (original ctm.png).
Berylium font created by Typodermic Fonts
- http://typodermicfonts.com/berylium-font-spruced-up/ - Originally imported to Minecraft as a bitmap by Nuin.
- Missing characters drawn by JimStoneCraft in the style of the Berylium Bold font, loosely based on the Cambria font characters.
Thanks to all of the People who helped with the pack
- flying sheep
- RedSolar (for the old Sheep Colours)
- Necron 1992
The MCF community (for various textures updated while the original author John Smith is MIA).
Without these people the pack would not be the same
- Vattic (Faithful 32x32 textures)
- Kahr for mcpatcher - https://bitbucket.org/prupe/mcpatcher/ - No longer updated, use OptiFine instead
- sp614x for Optifine - http://www.optifine.net/
John Smith Legacy
Dead Link - JohnSmith Technician's Remix is a variation of the original John Smith texture pack, this is designed for use with modded Minecraft, such as the FTB or Technic modpacks.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/ - Minecraft Forum thread for the Modded John Smith Legacy Resource Pack.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/ - Minecraft Forum thread for the Vanilla John Smith Legacy Resource Pack.
John Smith Legacy 3D Models
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/john-smith-legacy-3d-models-addon/ - A great addon that adds lots more 3D models to the standard John Smith Legacy Resoucre Pack.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/ - Minecraft Forum thread for the Halcyon Days Resource Pack.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/ - Planet Minecraft page for the Halcyon Days Resource Pack.
https://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14102 - Japanese forum page for the Halcyon Days Resource Pack.
VoxelMap by MamiyaOtaru
https://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/zans-minimap/ - A great minimap for Minecraft, never get lost again.
http://www.optifine.net/ - OptiFine is a Minecraft optimization mod, iIt allows the game to run faster and look better with full support for HD textures, random mobs and many configuration options. I use this with Modded Minecraft games like Feed the Beast.
https://github.com/sp614x/optifine - OptiFine GitHub, has loads of help documents and information.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/ - mcpatcher HD, Minecraft patcher for Connected Textures mod (CTM), Better Glass & Skies, Better Grass and more, i use this mainly on older version of Vanilla Minecraft.
https://bitbucket.org/prupe/mcpatcher/wiki/Home - mcpatcher Wiki.
http://www.plotz.co.uk/ - Plotz is an online voxel sphere generator and 3D modeller for Mincecraft. Create spheres, observatories and wizard towers, then view or print schematics all in your web browser.
I know some people like this sort of thing so here's the current specifications for my main workstation.
Hardware and Software
The first PC I bought was an AST 486 DX2 with 4MB of RAM, 120MB HD and a 14inch VGA Monitor back in 1995, I paid £1200 for that.
Every system I had after that was built by myself, this has got much easier over the last ten years with Windows configuration and hardware compatibility being so much easier.
Specification for my current custom built system that was originally assembled on 2nd December 2011, I've updated this over the years with a new Ultrawide monitor, GTX 1080 Graphics card, SSD's and backup drives, this is my main workstation.
- Asus P9X79 PRO S2011 Intel X79 DDR3 ATX
- Intel Core i7-3930K 3.20GHz S2011 12MB (6 Cores, 12 Threads)
- Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) HyperX DDR3 1600MHz 240-pin DIMM CL9 XMP x2 (32GB Total)
- Noctua D14-2011 Dual Radiator PWM CPU Cooler - NH-D14-2011
- EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Founders Edition
- Antec 4U22ATX400UK Rackmount Chassis (I modified the lid due to the Noctua D14-2011 being too tall for 4U Cases)
- Antec 26" Side Rails
- Noctua NF-P12 PWM 120mm Cooling Fan x2
- Noctua NF-R8 PWM 80mm Cooling Fan x2
- Seasonic Prime 850W 80 Plus Titanium Modular Power Supply
- Generic 12U Server Rack Cabinet
- Samsung 250GB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-75E250B/EU) (System Disk)
- Samsung 2.0TB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-75E2T0B/EU) (Work Disk)
- Intel 300GB 320 Series MLC 2.5" 25nm SATA-300 9.5mm SSD (Backups)
- Western Digital 300GB 10000RPM SATA-300 Velociraptor (Temp Disk)
- Western Digital Red Pro 8TB (Offline NAS - Backup Disk)
- Acer X34A Predator Curved 34" G-Sync Quad HD Gaming Monitor (Primary Display - Display Port)
- DELL UltraSharp U2711 27" Widescreen LCD Monitor (Second Display - Display Port)
- HP L2335 23" Flat Panel TFT Monitor (Third Display for vertical games - DVI)
- iiyama TFT 18.1" Black LCD Monitor (AS4637UBK) (CCTV Monitor - DVI)
- iiyama CRT 17" Vision Master Pro (my first CRT, used with some arcade games - BNC VGA)
- Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard (With modified Orange LEDs rather than the standard Blue)
- Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer with Intellieye USB (my 16 year old trusty mouse, so good I bought a boxed spare last year)
Audio Out (personal)
- Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones
- Iintegrated audio on the Asus motherboard, connected using an Optical (S/PDIF) cable to my AV system.
- Yamaha RX-V363 (AV System)
- Eltax Millennium 400 - Main Left and Right Speakers
- Gale ARIA AR50 Gloss Black - Centre Speaker
- Gale ARIA AR10 Gloss Black - Pair Rear Speakers
- Yamaha NSSW050 (Black) - Sub Woofer.
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (I tested Windows 10 but I just don't like it)
- Dxtory - http://exkode.com/ - (screen recorder)
- Audacity - https://www.audacityteam.org/ - (audio editing)
- VirtualDub - http://virtualdub.org/ - (video and audio processing)
- Avidemux - http://www.avidemux.org/ - (video and audio processing)
- MKV Toolnix - https://mkvtoolnix.download/ - (video and audio compiling)
Resource Pack editing software
I also create and edit textures for the John Smith Legacy Resource Pack and my own John Smith Legacy JimStoneCraft Edition.
- Paint Shop Pro v9.01 - Very old software I bought in 2004 when the company was still JASC, runs great on modern hardware.
- Directory Opus 12 Pro Edition - http://www.gpsoft.com.au/ - I cannot live without this highly configurable file manager.
- WinRAR v5.7 64bit - http://www.rarlab.com/ - File archiver.
- Notepad2 v4.2.25 - http://www.flos-freeware.ch/ - Better than plain old Notepad, my main text editor.
- WinMerge v18.104.22.168 Unicode x64 - http://winmerge.org/ - Excellent for comparing two files with highlighted changes.
- Foobar2000 v1.3.16 - http://www.foobar2000.org/ - Music player, well you have to have music when editing textures.
Wish list Hardware
Here's a short list of stuff I may get in the future.
Headset or Headphones
- None at the moment
- My current chair I bought from Costco back in 1995, so it would be nice to get a new one at some point as it can be a little hot in the summer.
[T O P]