John Smith Legacy - Patreon Server
Join my Patreon to get access to the server
Welcome to the John Smith Legacy Minecraft server, it's up and running and is quite stable.
Screen shots of my current base
I don't play with shaders, however they do make some nice screen shots.
Welcome to the John Smith Legacy Minecraft server!
This is a work in progress and may change at any time (I'm not making this up as I go, honest).
- If you decided to leave and no longer support me on Patreon, your John Smith Legacy Minecraft Server account will continue for 1 calendar month and then be delisted from the whitelist.
- 01 - No griefing, block spamming (obsidian everywhere etc...).
- 02 - No killing other players for their stuff, PVP is only in designated arenas or if agreed by the players wishing to fight.
- 03 - No spamming or advertising other servers.
- 04 - No trolling or flaming other players.
- 05 - No cursing, bigotry, racist, sexist remarks, hate speech including but not limited to ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality and religion, this is a family friendly server.
- 06 - No offensive, inappropriate constructions or skins.
- 07 - No posting personal information.
- 08 - No banned items, asking for ranks, items or blocks.
- 09 - No mods or hacks (X-ray packs, Ore detection, cheating and exploiting bugs to give yourself an unfair advantage).
- 10 - No full caps messages.
- 11 - No builds near Spawn or builds too close to another player’s build, the world is big enough for everyone.
- 12 - No 1x1 towers, scaffolding is fine but must be removed when the build is complete.
- 13 - Low quality structures like dirt houses, netherrack boxes, floating blocks or floating skyrails may be removed if they don't fit the look of the server.
- 14 - If a mob is named or caged on someone's build then don't kill it.
- 15 - Respect all players and obey staff - there are the law.
- 16 - Just have fun and happy mining.
It's a server for all Patrons
- 01 - No excessive lag.
- 02 - Do not allow large numbers of entities to build up, by idling at a no-kill mob grinder or breeding an absurd number of animals.
- 03 - All redstone must have an off switch (or the ability to automatically turn off when not in use).
Bans If banned, appeal on the John Smith Legacy Discord.
Admins and Moderators reserve the right to add additional time depending on the circumstances.
Only appealed bans will be lifted.
Here are a list of client side mods (you have to install these on your local computer).
I personally run these to make the server experience a little better, these are not required to play on the server but are nice to have.
These are all Fabric mods (apart from OptiFine).
Due to so many different configurations, you're on your own with setting these up, please test the server without mods if you're having issues to see if it's one of your mods is causing a problem.
No need to explain, this is a must have mod.
Fabric is a lightweight, experimental modding toolchain for Minecraft.
Fabric API is the core library for the most common hooks and intercompatibility measures utilized by mods using the Fabric toolchain
VoxelMap (Fabric version)
VoxelMap is a minimap and worldmap mod that makes a great effort to be accurate to the colours you see in the world (and your resource pack). Display your surroundings, or view the entire (explored) world.
Optifabric a mod that can be used to run Optifine on the Fabric Mod Loader. It does this by taking the official OptiFine mod and making it compatible with the Fabric Mod Loader at runtime.
Light Overlay (Forge/Fabric)
This mod provides users with a NEI-like light overlay (Useful mod to show light levels).
MultiMC is a free, open source launcher for Minecraft.
It allows you to have multiple, cleanly separated instances of Minecraft (each with their own mods, texture packs, saves, etc) and helps you manage them and their associated options with a simple and powerful interface.
While the vanilla launcher is fine for running Minecraft, it can be a pain if you are playing different version on Minecraft, maybe you're testing a snapshots or playing the modded game, give MultiMC a go as it's so much easier to manage.
When playing with different versions of Minecraft and the modded game MultiMC just makes it easier to work with your local files, it also has Forge and Fabric loaders build in, it's my launcher of choice and I've been using for years.
There's a Discord section exclusively for Patrons.
https://discord.gg/tyDrrRG - Discord chat server for the Vanilla John Smith Legacy Resource Pack. and Server.
The server is currently running a Java Minecraft 1.16.1 vanilla server (PaperSpigot 1.16.1).
While the server is vanilla, I've decided to add some helpful datapacks to help the server run smoother and make the game more enjoyable for other players.
Currently install datapacks from Vanilla Tweaks - Xisumavoid - https://vanillatweaks.net/
- afk display v1.0.1 - Turns player name gray it they are AFK.
- double shulker shells v1.2.0 - They are a little harder to find in multiplayer so this helps.
- dragon drops elytra v1.2.0 - Makes Elytra easier to get (if defeating the dragon is classed as easy!!!).
- more mob heads v2.6.2 - Mob head for almost all the creatures.
- multiplayer sleep v1.0.2 - A must for sleeping on a multiplayer server.
- player graves v1.6.1 - Never lose your stuff again.
- player head drops v1.0.0 - Player heads.
- terracotta rotation wrench v1.0.1 - Makes it easier to find the correct orientation.
More to come.
[T O P]